True Climate Control
High humidity levels and temperature fluctuations are the leading causes of damage to goods in storage. Our warehouse eliminates those environmental threats. Unlike many other storage facilities, ABC Kortsch Moving and Storage offers a fully climate controlled warehouse environment.
Each floor is monitored and controlled for both temperature and humidity levels. The Relative Humidity (RH) in our facility is set to less than 55%RH, a more than safe level to effectively inhibit the growth of mold or mildew. Our temperature controls are set in the standard 50ºF – 75ºF range all year round. We monitor the environmental conditions of each floor in the warehouse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In order to inquire about storage availability or to arrange for pick up of your items, please contact us by phone at (414) 279-9990 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A variety of items require, or benefit from, storage in a climate-controlled environment. Some of the items you should consider storing in a climate-controlled facility are:
- Examples; Files or important documents, photographs, blueprints or schematics.
- High humidity can cause these items to rot.
- Examples; Computers, computer components, televisions, stereo components.
- Humidity can cause corrosion of the inner workings of these items. Temperature fluctuations can cause warping.
- Examples; Furniture, wooden items, upholstered items, artwork, antiques.
- These types of belongings can get wood rot or molds and mildews if stored in unregulated or high humidity conditions.
Furs and Leathers:
- You may want to store these articles in a cool or cold environment during the summer when they are least likely to be used.
- Exposure to humid or warm to hot conditions can cause furs to shed and animal skin products to harden. Mold or mildew growth is also possible if not kept in a humidity-controlled environment.
- Humidity can destroy mattresses. Climate controlled storage deters mold growth and the corrosion and rusting of metal springs.
- Examples; pianos, organs, other instruments.
- All musical instruments are sensitive to environmental conditions and to changes in temperature or humidity levels to some degree, and many of them can be greatly affected.
- Humidity can cause rust or corrosion, and wood rot.
Antiques or Art Pieces:
- Please see our page dedicated to the moving and storage of these items here.